As we celebrate the 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda, the theme of Innovation is most suitable because 2013 is about freshness, taking risks, grand gestures and success. In 2014, we’re taking the award to an international level.
Guidelines for the award:
• The theme is Innovation and you may submit a total of three poems under this theme
• The award is open to Ugandan women above 18 years, who are residents of Uganda
• The poems must be previously unpublished, written in English and sent as word attachments in Times New Roman Size 12, single-spaced
• Submit poems by email to email@example.com or post to p o Box 34942 Kampala, Uganda
• DO NOT add your contact details to the poem, only the title of the poem. Instead, include your name, poems’ titles, email address and phone number in the body of the email
• For more details, follow the facebook page, Beverley Nambozo Poetry Foundation or blog: http://bnpoetryaward.blogsot.com or website: www.bnpoetryaward.co.ug
• Submissions will be accepted from 7 January 2013 to 5 May 2013
The first three will win autographed copies of poetry. The first three winners will also be awarded autographed copies of Diaries of a Dead African, by Chuma Nwokolo, Jr.
In September 2013, the winners will furthermore attend a fully sponsored trip to the Storymoja Hay Festival in Nairobi alongside cash prizes of 500 US Dollars, 300 US Dollars and 200 US Dollars respectively to use at the festival.
Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva